Mr E Holt (Head of Department)
Important Information: COVID-19
Key Stage 3
What is History?
The Norman conquest
The Welsh princes and the conquest of Wales
The Medieval Church
King John and the Magna Carta
The Black Death
The Tudors and Stuarts
The Spanish Armada
The voyages of discovery
The American frontier
The Industrial Revolution
19th Century Crime e.g. Jack the Ripper
Significant events and people of the 20th Century e.g. Pearl Harbour
World War I
World War II
American Popular Culture
Ways in which parents can help:
- Encourage pupils to complete homework and make corrections to classwork.
- Pupils are encouraged to research topics, so parents may help with this.
- Ensure work is copied up after absence.
- BBC History Magazine
- Medieval Minds, Think through History series by Byrom, Counsell and Riley.
- Modern Minds: The Twentieth Century World, Think through History series by Byrom, Counsell Gorman, Peaple and Riley.
- In Search of History, 1485-1714 by J.F. Aylett.