The School Code of Behaviour for Pupils
Pupils of the school are expected to realise that, whatever their age, ability and interest, they are also members of the local community and should act in a manner which reflects the general well being of the school.
Pupil Code of Behaviour
To do this pupils must show respect for:
- Themselves – by being sensible and behaving in a dignified manner.
- Their Teachers – by being courteous and conducting themselves in an orderly manner.
- Their elders – by being a good neighbour to the people who live near our school. Any damage caused will be charged for.
- School Property – by preventing damage to furniture and equipment, and not writing on property or walls.
- Uniform – you must present yourself for school neatly dressed in the school uniform as stated in the school uniform policy. Pupils not in school uniform may be sent home to change.
- Jewellery – Jewellery and make-up is not permitted.
- Hair – Very short hair and shaved heads and dyed hair are not permitted. Gel and Wax are not permitted for health and safety reasons.
- NO SMOKING ON SCHOOL PREMISES OR AT ANY TIME WHEN WEARING SCHOOL UNIFORM.
- THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST NOT BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL: ALCOHOL, E-CIGARETTES, CIGARETTES, MATCHES, LIGHTERS OR ANY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, RADIOS, MP3 PLAYERS AND IPODS. MOBILE PHONES AND PAGERS SHOULD BE SWITCHED OFF DURING SCHOOL TIME.
- Mobile phones – Mobile phones used in school may be confiscated by your teacher. The School will not investigate the theft or damage of mobile phones how so ever it is caused.
- Use of computers and the internet – it is unacceptable to download or store unsuitable images in school and on school equipment.
- In the event of unacceptable behaviour, the school will contact parents to arrange an immediate meeting to discuss the issues. These are simple rules to follow, which ensure the safety of pupils in the school. Where a pupil fails to obey the rules, firm and fair action will be taken.