The school offers a range of support for pupils. This is both academic but also emotional support.
Below is a list of what is available and where:
- Class teacher, form teacher, Head of Year – speak to them about any difficulties
- Literacy and numeracy support from our Support Assistants
- Additional Support from Ms. Dilley and her department
- Assistance from our librarian Mrs Barron
- The Student Support Centre and Hwb - see your I.T. teacher if you have forgotten your log in details
- Catch up sessions – see subject teachers for details
- Talk to your teachers – whoever you feel most comfortable talking to. Be aware, however, that they cannot promise confidentiality and made need to pass concerns on to a member of Senior Staff.
- Peer Listeners – Lunchtimes in the Student Support Centre
- Sessions with Mrs Morgan or Mr Price in the student support centre. Also accessible break and lunchtimes, as well as before school starts by arrangement.
- Referrals to outside support agencies through Ms. Dilley or Mrs Sloggett
- Sessions with the Counsellor – see Mrs Sloggett for details
- Child Protection issues – see Mrs Sloggett or Miss Gould
- Support with attendance from your form tutor, Head of Year and the Educational Welfare Officer - Charlotte Lewis
SchoolBeat.org is a bilingual site from the All-Wales School Liaison Core Programme, providing information and resources for teachers, pupils and parents to follow up on the lessons provided to primary and secondary school children by our School Community Police Officers.
The website focuses on the three main themes of the Programme: drug and substance misuse, social behaviour and community and personal safety.